Spring 2021: Myers Briggs/HSP Overlay Workshop
When: Two consecutive Saturdays, May 22 & May 29, 2021
Noon – 1:30 pm (Mountain)
Go here for the World Time Clock:
Part One: Saturday, May 22, 2021
Part Two: Saturday, May 29, 2021
Here is what you will learn in Part One and Two of this Myers Briggs/HSP Overlay Class :
Part One, Saturday, May 22, 2021 – 1.5 hours:
After learning about the 8 preferences and what they measure, AND, most importantly, how they overlap the HSP trait, you will self-identify your MBTI type. We will use the statistically valid and reliable 93 question inventory for final clarification.
Part Two, Saturday, May 29, 2021 , 1.5 hours:
You will learn about the Dominant, Auxiliary, Tertiary, and the Least Preferred functions of your type as identified in Part One. This is perhaps one of the most overlooked, yet crucial aspects of learning about type and how to apply it in your life.
“Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn’t you – all of the expectations, all of the beliefs – and becoming who you are.”
– Rachel Naomi Remen
Why Self-Identity? Why Labels? How they can help.
I have always loved labels, yet never really knew why. You can read more about this here:
“It is up to each person to recognize his or her preferences.”
~Isabel Briggs Myers
Go to this payment link: http://www.lifeworkshelp.com/pay.htm Click on the Workshop link and enter the amount due. You will then be sent information on how to take the on-line statistically valid and reliable Myers Briggs Assessment, and information (and link) to join the class via the Zoom meeting platform.
Cost: $245 which includes the extensive handout package and the 3 – 3.5 hour group consultation time. If you are a past participant of an HSP Gathering Retreat, take 10% off = $220.50 You will need to register, make payment and complete the online assessment no later than Thursday, May 20, 2021, at 5:00 pm.
One of the main goals of the Myers Briggs/HSP Overlay class is for you to leave with a solid understanding of your type. However, in certain instances, a personal consultation may be needed in order to clarify the confusion surrounding your authentic type. In this case, additional charges would apply.
“Good type development can be achieved at any age by anyone who cares to understand his or her own gifts and the appropriate use of those gifts.”
~Isabel Briggs Myers
“When people differ, a knowledge of type lessens friction and eases strain. In addition it reveals the value of differences. No one has to be good at everything.”
~Isabel Briggs Myers
Here are additional things you will learn in this Myers Briggs/HSP Overlay class:
- To differentiate between five temperaments: introversion, extroversion, the sensitive introvert, the sensitive extrovert, the ambivert
- Why many HSPs may have felt they were “swimming upstream” from the dominant culture
- Why many HSPs may have felt more challenged to meet goals they have set for themselves
- The major confusion about the HSP Extravert – and why there may be more sensitive extroverts than we previously thought – (Hint: social anxiety ?)
- Why someone might have different scores each time they have taken a Myers Briggs assessment
- Why scoring “right in between” two preferences such as the J and P or E and I does not indicate one is “well-balanced” between the two
- About your least preferred function (the inferior function) and why this is crucial to what Carl Jung called full type spiritual individuation, and how the least preferred function can serve you
- Why we need all 16 types and why HSPs need non-HSPs and vice versa;
- To better understand the similarities and differences among people
- How your family of origin or school experience may have erroneously influenced your authentic self; and
- How Differential Susceptibility can affect how affect your introvert or extrovert preferences
As part of this class you will receive a handout package which will include: Type & Organizations; At Your Best Characteristics; Emotional Intelligence; Type & Careers; Stress & the Inferior Function & How to return to Equilibrium; Following Your Spiritual Path; and Communication with Other Types
Space is very limited, so register early if you are interested.
Jacquelyn has been a certified practitioner of the Myers Briggs Assessment since 1991 and has administered the MBTI to hundreds of clients, most of them HSPs. Here is what one of her individual clients shared about her one-on-one Myers Briggs/HSP Overlay consultations :
“It’s hard to put into words the positive self-reflection and self-acceptance that working with Jacquelyn and her deep knowledge of HSPs and Myers Briggs triggered in me. I would call it life-changing in a way that will not only benefit me, but also the lives of my husband and children who are living with a much more soul-fulfilled HSP/woman/wife/mom.
I had taken the Myers Briggs a few times at different points in my life, but never with the guidance of a certified practitioner like Jacquelyn. Each time, I was left confused and disappointed because the results didn’t reflect my “inner” me, even if it may have reflected what I was outwardly “doing” in certain many aspects of my life. What a difference it made having a true expert like Jacquelyn answer my innumerable questions and who could explain things to someone like me, who wants to deeply process and question everything. After our sessions, my brain and heart went back to my childhood and reframed things in a way that left me more at peace and happier about who I am and the gifts I can bring to my world. This was hard work, but so amazing. I felt so strongly about the positive benefits of working with Jacquelyn I actually gifted one of her Myers Briggs classes to a friend of mine who had a wonderful time learning about herself.:
Jessica from Texas – February 2021